Sunday 29 April 2012

Finding Neverland

 One of these things is not like the other.

A story not so much about how the writer of Peter Pan (Johnny Depp) came about his inspiration, but more so about his relationship with a widow (Kate Winslet) and her four sons as he seeks to open their minds and inspire their imaginations. Having shied away from watching this movie for many years due to the biography/drama genre and the presence of Kate Winslet whom I do not share much affection for, I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the movie.

It is not a particularly entertaining movie, although it does have it's moments, but focuses more on 'feel good' and inspiring parts to keep an audience focused. The visuals, style, props and acting were all good and the only real thing keeping this movie from being a huge success is the general genre's lack of appeal to a wider audience.

There are two question that plagued my mind throughout the movie: was it Dustin Hoffman that played Hook, and where the heck had I seen Radha Mitchell (who plays Johnny Depp's wife) before?

Look at my face, does it look like I care?

Can you pick it? I couldn't so maybe this will help...

If you still can't pick it you don't deserve to...

The Good: Johnny Depp acting like a pirate, Hook playing a normal person, the imagination scenes.
The Meh: the genre wasn't really my cup of tea, Kate Winslet is still a bit meh for me too.
The Ugly: I'm not crying, I've just got something in my eye dammit!
Hey There Good Looking: Vin Diesel, clearly.
Overall: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.